So this weekend I went on a sewing rampage and made Syd tons of new stuff. I made these peasant style shirt/dresses. No pattern just some cutting and elastic. Super easy with the serger. I love how versatile these can be. I can pair them with jeans, leggings, or tights. And all the different embellishments that can be sewn to them - like ruffles. Here's the variety that I made:




On Sunday afternoon, I made this coat for her. I used McCall Pattern 5697. It actually went together pretty easily - thanks again to the serger. Unfortunately, it's a bit big for her. I made the size 4 (which is what she usually wears) and I could have gotten away with a size 3. Oh well, hopefully it will fit through next fall too. You can't really tell from the pictures but it's a grey and white plaid with some teal in it. Maybe I'll have to add a teal flower pin of some sort to help bring it out. Thanks for looking!



10 comments:
OH my goodness- that IS a sewing rampage! I love that jacket. I'm very impressed with the whole no-pattern thing too. Very cool.
Let me clarify the "no pattern" thing. I did find some general directions on multiple internet forums to help guide me.
Wow, too cute!
Are those tunics available on your Etsy? Would love to order a couple for Ava. Let me know! Jill
Very cute Becky!
i agree, would totally buy one for Emily
super cute, Becky! LOVE the jacket (and all of the blog updates)!
LOVE LOVE LOVE all the clothes...they are just so cute and Sydney is definitely stylin'...love her shoes too!
love it, love it, love it! cute!
Love the coat! That happens to me all the time. I'm crocheting a sweater for myself now that is starting to look too big but there's no going back now. I'll have to try to tweak it when I'm finished. At least she'll grow into it.
Post a Comment